We have a strong commitment to advocating for systemic and social change. We do this by supporting international conventions and participating in national and state law and policy reform with the aim of increasing women’s access to justice and advocating for the rights of women.
By engaging in reviews we make sure women’s voices are heard. Our advocacy work can include:
- participating in inquiries;
- providing submissions to Government in relation to proposed law and policy changes;
- writing letters to and meeting with politicians;
- providing advice to Government advocating for women and their children; and
- supporting and assisting organisations that advocate for women, such as Women’s Legal Services Australia and the Women’s Council for Domestic & Family Violence Services (WA).